Unresolved destination, Hyperlink not saving

suzanneb
suzanneb Community Member Posts: 32
I am trying to finish our first course since purchasing Lectora Online and have to publish the course to HTML multiple times per day to test a few items. Every day this week, when first trying to publish, I have received a "E5016 - Action GoTo has an unresolved destination" error. Clicking the link in the publish window takes me to a text field in which I have some hyperlinked text. Even though the correct hyperlink destination shows, the only way I have found to correct this error is to re-enter the webpage/destination information. As soon as I do that, the publish completes successfully and remains OK until I close the course and exit it for the day. The next day, the same problem occurs. After 5 days straight of this recurrence, am now asking for suggestions. Has anyone else had problems with the hyperlink go-to information saving?

Comments

  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Actually no. Allthough encountering weird things with textfields too. Please do read this article from Darrel. Here he shows a few very important steps anyone asking for assistance inhere should know. Since we all work either freelance or other jobs too, time is limited for all of us. To get proper help its good to adhere to Darrels article.

    First question to answer would be...what version of Lectora you are using ?

    https://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/when-requesting-assistance-please-read/

     

    Kind regards,

    Math
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi @SuzanneB, please let me know if this is still happening. If you can let me know the name of the title I can take a quick look at it.  I would be interested to know if you experience the same thing in a new title, and what browser you use. But if you just let me know the name of the title I'll take a look.

    - Joe

     
  • suzanneb
    suzanneb Community Member Posts: 32
    Joe,
    <div>Thank you very much for replying to my question. Yes, the hyperlink continues to be a problem today. The interesting thing is that I can create a button and the hyperlink info is retained successfully there. But, I cannot get the hyperlink info to save when I create it within a text box.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I use the Chrome browser, but that should not make a difference initially, because the error is showing up during the publish process. However, when I re-enter the hyperlink address and re-save the project so that it publishes OK, the hyperlink does not seem to work successfully (in Chrome, using the Publish Preview option), however the link via the button works fine.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Is there a private site I can upload the file to? I did not include it with my first question because it has too much private company info to share with a general audience.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>I have multiple titles with very similar names. The specific one to look at with regard to this problem is<b><span style="font-size: large;"> RCW_JustPosttest_rcwLB_Test2</span></b></div>
    <div></div>
    <div>Thank you.</div>
    <div></div>
    <div>SuzanneB</div>
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I do know of some text issues when using copy/paste from Microsoft software. Make sure text is unformatted.
    Also i do know that sometimes text in a textfield in Lectora doesnot show properly. You have to use 'Enter' to get the text showing properly in the editor, sometimes deselecting/selecting other texts helps.
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    This is an issue we need to fix, thank you for bringing it out our attention.  The content is in the hyperlink but for some reason the publish marks it as an error until it is revisited after loading the course.  Suzanne I'll open a support case and we will work to get this fixed.
  • jg58
    jg58 Community Member Posts: 11
    I've been getting the same for a few weeks and I'm glad you posted. My only solution has been the same re-enter each time I publish for testing.
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916 ☆ Roadie ☆
    One solution for you both is maybe. Donot use the textfield to add a hyperlink, instead of that add a transparent button over the textfield and add the goto-Action there.

    Another possibility is add the text in a shape and check whether the link behaves differently then.

    Kind regards,

    Math
  • swu7570
    swu7570 Community Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone, we took a look into the title and see the bug that is causing the issue described.  There seems to be an action linked to the text block hyperlink to 'Go to Section on mouse click' that is not being cleaned up correctly on title save (which is why the error comes back after you reload the title).  We will have a fix for this in the next release to resolve this.

    In the meantime, one workaround you can do is the copy the textblock contents and paste it into a brand new textblock.  You will need to set in the hyperlink again one time, but doing this once should remove the publishing error permanently and the need to go into the hyperlink each time you load your title or publish it.

    -Stephen