Controlling an HTML file in a Web Window

cmetzler2560
cmetzler2560 Community Member Posts: 58
Hello,

Converting .swf to .html, what is the best way to pause and/or continue an html file that is being called from within a Web Window?

Thank you-
Metz

Comments

• mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Hi Christina, HTML pur sang cannot be paused or continued.
    What you can pause/continue are specific media in the HTML. That is audio, video,Gif-animations, spritesheets and Javascripts. For each of those there are hundreds of ways to pause/play and continue them.
    So for concrete answers you need to be more specific and add a sample.

Kind regards,

Math
  • mnotermans5114
    Converting a swf to html you have quite some options too. From making a gif, to a video, to a HTML5 animation.

In fact i am just working on converting a GIF animation to a HTML5 animation using GSAP, Greensocks TweenMax platform for the animation. I do think this is the best approach when converting swf to Lectora HTML.

Kind regards,
    Math
  • mnotermans5114
    Hi Christina,

As i am working on creating a course on HTML5 animation for elearning, if you share the swf-animation i gladly pick that up as a sample for my course.

Kind regards,

Math
  • cmetzler2560
    cmetzler2560 Community Member Posts: 58
    Hi Math! Thank you for your responses. We decided to try Tumult Hype. Relatively inexpensive with great support it seems. We were able to pretty quickly figure out the actionscript to javascript conversion, synchronize the audio narration, and Pause/Replay.