Menu Creator published files

cmetzler2560
cmetzler2560 Community Member Posts: 58
Hello,

I had to make a few link edits to the Menu Creator component in LO, now where would I find the files associated with the menu creator in a scorm published course? I'd like to overwrite just the files associated to my LMS.

TY!
Metz

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi Christina,

Whenever I do an update I ftp/overwrite all the files in the LMS where the course files are stored.  This works best for me.  If you have access to the filesystem then first backup the existing files (always safer to be able to revert) then take the new published content and overwrite or replace the old content.

This is safer than replacing a few files because there might be other updates or changes that make the old publish incompatible with the new files you would be placing in there.

- Joe

• cmetzler2560
    Thanks Joe! You are right, best practice for sure. But what files do generate the menu creator instructions?
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    I'm not sure if this is what you are asking for, but the menu commands may be written in the HTML files and the JS files so replace any of the page HTML files that contain the menu in the root directory of the SCORM package and the associated JS files in all the "device_" view directories inside the SCORM package.

Because menus typically end up on all pages this may be a lot of files.  It might be easier to replace everything minus the images and media folders.

Hope this answers your question.

- Joe
  • cmetzler2560