include PDF in package vs attach

bholland4768
bholland4768 Community Member Posts: 19
Hello

Thanks in advance for the solution to this one.

I have attached a few PDF's but they're not being delivered when the course is launched.

How do I "include in package" of the course?  I know I can host myself and simply link, but that is less desirable. Thanks!

Bryan

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Are you using actions such as (open an attachment, or launch a document) for delivery of the PDFs?  Or are you just trying to include as attachments and then using Go To Web Address actions to launch them?

Maybe we do not see them being used and they are not published with the course.  I would like to know more about this can you tell me which course it is that is having trouble, and is it okay if I download and look at your course in our development environment?

Thanks,

- Joe

• bholland4768
    bholland4768 Community Member Posts: 19
    Joe

First off thanks

YES! look at SLAL2

First I simply attached. But after launching from ScormCloud inside the Accenture environment they are NOT  included.

I can host but wonder how I "bundle" or such...

• wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Well, I am seeing that the attachments do publish out when I publish to SCORM and then download the zip file.  My guess it the actions to launch the PDFs are not working because of the modality of how the course is running inside the LMS.  Maybe it is not allowing new browser windows to be launched.

You might try changing the open attachment action to a Go To Web Address action, select new window, and then make it a lightbox popup.  This should at least allow the PDF to be displayed so you can know if it the PDFs are being written out in the content area.  I'm attaching a screenshot showing what I mean...