Lectora Online Student Name

suzanneb
suzanneb Community Member Posts: 32
I have created a small sample course using Lectora Online (trial version). It is published in HTML. When entering a test, the student is prompted for their name, apparently by a built-in Lectora action. This appears to tie in with SCORM/LMS data, but I cannot find where this data is captured or stored in the HTML-published version. Is there a way to access this data item when the course is published in HTML? If not, why does this prompt appear in the HTML version?

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi,

Typically if you are using a LMS you already have the student name in the AICC_Student_Name variable.  The test prompts for the student's name when a Test has Custom Results Submission checked on the Results Tab of the Test Properties ribbon, and if Prompt for Student's Name is checked. (see attached screenshot)

This allows a student's name to be captured and then submitted to a custom server script or into a spreadsheet in Google Drive.  The test results are not stored in cookies or local data, but they can be submitted as described, and the student name prompt is a way to capture this data for submission with the test results.

Hope this helps (and makes sense!)...

- Joe
  • suzanneb
    suzanneb Community Member Posts: 32
    Thank you! This makes a lot of sense and points me back to some settings I had not realized (or remembered) I had marked.  (I'm trying to learn everything there is to know about Lectora Online - relevant to my company's needs - in a few weeks of having the trial version and, as you well know, that is an impossible task. I know I'm only scratching the surface on so many things!)
    • When this Custom Results setting is enabled, is the student's name captured in a specific variable (other than AICC_Student_Name, which you indicate already is populated by virtue of the relationship with the LMS) that I can access? I want to enter that name on the test results page the student sees upon test completion.
    • Then, based on the info you provided, I believe I now need to look more into the Google spreadsheet option. Besides using Lectora Online Help, is there any especially good source for assistance with using Google spreadsheets with Lectora Online?
  • wheels
    wheels Florida USACommunity Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 636 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    If you are in an LMS I'm pretty sure it doesn't prompt for user name even if the option is checked.  If you cannot use AICC_Student_Name then before entering the test I would make a page with a form entry field (that automatically has a variable assigned to it) to capture the student name.

I found this in the community:

http://community.trivantis.com/knowledge-base/using-google-drive-with-lectora/

If you have trouble with finding the documents there use the ones from the help.  I sure can see how the help is intimidating on this, I'll ask our tech writer to spruce that up a bit!

- Joe