Importing

leapinglizard
leapinglizard Community Member Posts: 13
I've been researching and wondering if there is any way to import a SCORM file into Lectora?  In other words, if an eLearning was made with another authoring tool and a SCORM file was exported, wouldn't it be cool to be able to import that SCORM file into Lectora?

Comments

• cmooraces
    cmooraces Community Member Posts: 25 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Sorry, I don't think that's happening...ever. While different authoring tools publish to a common SCORM standard, they all operate very differently. Lectora wouldn't know how to distill Articulate content back into a Lectora format. Some things like Captivate integrate with Lectora but again i'm not sure about doing a straight import.

All of the soda companies make their product to hook up to the soda fountain at the gas station. But they all have different recipes for their product.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    It is possible to put another authoring tool's content into a Lectora "wrapper".  You can actually see the process for Storyline in our "An Articulate® Storyline® User's Guide to Lectora®" ebook found here: https://trivantis.com/ebooks/storyline-guide-to-lectora
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    One thing to note is that HTML is recommended so that you only have one program passing SCORM compliant data.