Move action causes image to jump

smiller7502
smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
I want to make a needle move up and down a gauge by a fixed amount when certain actions occur. Seems easy enough, and I thought I had got this right on my first try -- until I tried to make the needle move twice in a row.

Please try the attached demo. For me, the first button click moves the needle exactly as I want. But after that first click, clicking either button again makes the needle jump to the top of the screen, move up or down from there a little ways, and then snap to the desired location.

Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Comments

• mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    Hi Stan,

Added a textfield in it, showing the NeedleVar to check whether it has the proper Y. Well it has. Then i removed the Swing effect.... now it didnot move out that far...another check at your file...setting the speed from slow to fast...well that did it...

So basically the Swing does its work...swinging out the needle out of screen and then returning. Just checked whether you can have the Swing effect with a moderate speed. Well that does work.

Basically the effects and transitions in Lectora are bad to control. If you want easing and these kind of effects. Go for GSAP.
  • smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    Well, the Swing effect was only there because it's the default and I forgot to do anything with it. But yeah, none of the effects do what I want. I'm still mystified by the first click working perfectly and then later clicks not, but oh well.

I got almost all the way to what I wanted with JavaScript, but GSAP is SWEET. Thanks for the pointer! It's working great now.