Applying a CSS style to a Video Object

krodgers6170
krodgers6170 Community Member Posts: 25
Hi All!

Hoping someone with some developer knowledge can help me out with the video object in Lectora Online.

When importing a video onto a page, I use the generic grey skin skin player. The learners with a poor connection will see the black square that is the video before it plays and I was wondering if there was a way to make that color white - instead of black. I tried applying a css style to the video object in Lectora Online but no luck.

Is it even possible? Or will I have to create a custom skin player?

Thanks!

Comments

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 528 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi Kelsey,

I have something to try, it will change the cover background to white. I am not sure if this will give you the result you want, but give it a try.

On the video object add an On Show -> Run Javascript action

In that action put the following line:
    triv$('.mejs-overlay',getDisplayDocument()).css({'background-color':'white'})

You have to publish or do a Page Preview to see the results.

- Joe

• krodgers6170
    Hi Joe!

When I copy and paste that line of code, I can't render a preview.

Is my syntax correct? I get a few errors in the Lectora Online built in text-editor. Screen shot attached.

• wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 528 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi,

It looks like the curly single brackets are not right around the word white...  let me reformat to not use curly quotes:

triv$('.mejs-overlay',getDisplayDocument()).css({'background-color':'white'})

Okay, now it should be safe to copy! I will also fix it above, sorry about that!

Joe
  • krodgers6170
    Looks really nice Joe - thank you! Appreciate you taking the time to help me out.