Creating Single Page Applications (SPA) in Inspire

maich4316
maich4316 Community Member Posts: 13
Our client wants to build courses with no back-next buttons, but Single Page Applications (SPAs) with vertical scrolling. Will this be possible with Inspire? Which Inspire version supports SPAs with scrolling anchor tag facilities? Any Pros and Cons of this design? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Comments

• maich4316
    Further to my above post, adding: In Inspire, we need to give a page height (custom size) for each type of view. However, in SPA design, each page can be of different size depending on the content. Can this be implemented?
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    Yes it is possible. Basically any Inspire version, you can use external javascript libraries to achieve what you want.
    With version 17 you can keep a page scenario and achieve it like you want using seamless play. With older versions..well you have to build a real one-page to hold all pages you use.

Here you find a sample of a solution like that i made a while ago.
    http://community.trivantis.com/shared-content/one-page-setup/

Kind regards,

Math
  • maich4316
    Thanks Math. Wonderful thing. Do you have anything with more than 1 page?
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    This is made in V16, so then this was the only way you could create a SPA-look-a-like in Lectora.  In V17, you now can take use of 'Seamless Play' to do the same thing and get something SPA-ish. If i got some spare time i might mock it up...
  • maich4316
    'Seamless Play' is about loading the subsequent pages to eliminate the screen wipe. This option doesn't seem to be for SPAs. Any ideas? Math, however, you solution is quite good. Does it work for RCDs?