Share Saved Color Palette

jcs315
jcs315 Community Member Posts: 14 ♪ Opening Act ♪
I would love to see an option to export my saved color palette and share it. At my company, we have specific colors that we are allowed to use in our courses. I have those colors saved as custom colors, but there's not a way (that I know of) to export it and share it with my teammates. Adobe products do this with a .ase file. I've seen tips to create a page with shapes in each color and the RGB value of each, but when you publish you have a bunch of extra image files. This seems like a simple fix and shouldn't require workarounds. Thanks!!

Comments

• smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    I second the motion.
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,205 ♦ Idol ♦
    Me too

As a workaround I usually produce one image with colored rectangles, insert it at title level outside the stage and use it with the color picker
  • carlfink
    carlfink Community Member Posts: 971 ✭ Legend ✭
    I like that idea myself.

Protocol question: I thought we were supposed to "thumbs-up" the suggestions we like?
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Great suggestion! I've brought it up to the development team for assessment and placement.
  • jcs315
    jcs315 Community Member Posts: 14 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Thanks!!!
  • msullivan3430
    msullivan3430 Community Member Posts: 42
    Ditto here. I find this also slows down development.
  • zliquorman1276
    zliquorman1276 Community Member Posts: 67 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I'd like to go one step further and ask for color profiles! A profile window in Lectora where you can access your saved/imported/exported color palettes. My organization has a variety of products with unique branding, so being able to switch between palettes depending on which is being worked on (sometimes within the same presentation) would be immensely helpful!