Hot spots move around for no apparent reason

smiller7502
smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
As far back as Lectora 12, the hot spots on drag-and-drop questions have sometimes inexplicably moved around. It's still happening in 17.1.1.

I get it, sort of, that when I resize the target image I might need to resize the hotspots -- although that could be dealt with programmatically too. But why in the world do the hot spots change size and position on the image when all I do is move the image on the page? Are the hot spots referencing the stage instead of the image?

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    In the most recent versions of Lectora it's related to seamless play.  The issue has been raised and reported. Turning off SPP seems to help.  We're hoping to have a fix in a future version.
  • smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    We do not use Seamless Play and still see the problem, and the problem predates the introduction of the feature. Glad to hear it's got some attention, though, thanks.
  • zliquorman1276
    zliquorman1276 Community Member Posts: 67 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Are the hot spots referencing the stage instead of the image?
    I'd second this guess that this is what the cause of the issue is. I have noticed the same issue on these kinds of questions, and I tried to test this by creating an image the same size as the stage and moving it, and in this instance the hotspot appeared to move correctly. I can't speak to it resizing from just moving the image though, that did not happen to me when trying this test.