Question Variable Initial Value?

theav-ator
theav-ator Community Member Posts: 69 ☆ Roadie ☆
Does anyone know what the initial value of a question variable is?

I have random questions sprinkled into my course at the end of each section (questions, not an "official" test/quiz). As the Reset Test/Quiz action does not work on specific questions, under certain circumstances I need to reset the questions. My guess is I need to reset the variable for the questions.
1. is that assumption correct?
2. what do i need to reset the variable to, to make that happen?

thanks

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,207 ♦ Idol ♦
    Can't you just "Reset question" ? The action is only available on pages that have a question.
  • theav-ator
    theav-ator Community Member Posts: 69 ☆ Roadie ☆
    We saw that after I posted this, but the intent was to do it for everything at the beginning of the course - just to reset all the quiz questions when I reset any other statuses I need to. The only caveat is that I can't run the Reset All Variables action, as it would erase variables they entered into the previous page.

I guess I'm leery of running it on the page as it would run off of the On Page Show and could possibly reveal the last answer before being reset. Should I just not be leery of this??
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,207 ♦ Idol ♦
    You can try to set the variable to its initial value, which is "~~~null~~~" (without the quotes), although I'm not sure, exactly when the checkboxes would be reset. Probably On: page show anyway.