17.1.1 Problems

cmooraces
cmooraces Community Member Posts: 25 ♪ Opening Act ♪
I updated from 17.0.6 to 17.1.1 and now all of my synced events in audio don't work. If I create a new audio clip, it doesn't sync events. The audio controller defaults to something I didn't select after publishing either. And it appears that a lot of my actions from previous courses don't work any more.

Can I revert back to 17.0.6?

Comments

  • jasonadal
    jasonadal Community Member Posts: 441 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    I don't have 17 yet, but in the interest of the KISS method and other reading on other topics, were you using Seamless play before the update? If not, it may be possible that the update turned it on and muddled things up.
  • cmooraces
    cmooraces Community Member Posts: 25 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Seamless play is off and it doesn't work. If there are actions synced from an audio file, all of the actions on the page die. A simple show/hide on a button won't work and the audio controller can't be customized. It's like the whole audio component is broken from all sides.
  • jasonadal
    jasonadal Community Member Posts: 441 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    When you say the audio controller cannot be customized, do you mean that you don't have any choices except for the default controller? If so, check and see if Use Web Accessibility Settings is on. When that's checked, the only choice is the default player, which I've added to the suggestions and will hopefully be changed in a later version.
  • cmooraces
    cmooraces Community Member Posts: 25 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    No, I choose the default player but when it publishes it the player is different. And none of the actions will fire from the sync events panel. Not only that, no actions will fire anywhere else on the page. A simple show/hide won't work if the audio clip is on the page with sync events flags.
  • cmooraces
    cmooraces Community Member Posts: 25 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Trying to keep this alive in hopes that somebody from Trivantis might have an answer. Any thoughts?
  • tecocat
    tecocat Community Member Posts: 389 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    There have definitely been problems with 17.1.1 (for me, it caused me not to be able to use the BranchTrack and eLearning Brothers tools, for example). I know there's a patch/update coming out for 17.1.1 within the next week or so to fix that, but I don't know what other things might be getting bundled into that update, if any. I've had some pretty weird, random things happen with variables lately, too, but I don't know whether that's because of the update or "user error" yet. However, from looking through the posts here, it does seem like 17.1.1 has issues (and maybe should have been tested a little more thoroughly before its release?). On the plus side, I do think Trivantis is working to fix some stuff ASAP!
  • wschneider
    wschneider Community Member Posts: 23
    I'm also having many issues with 17.1.1 to include:
    • name variable (AICC Student Name) not remaining on the certificate page when you close out and return to bookmarked page (only in IE).
    • BranchTrack incremental scoring not working in Chrome
    • Series of errors in IE (lms set value error and some of the persistent data was not able to be stored). see attached
    I spoke with trivantis today and hoped that the latest update 17.1.2 would fix my issues, however they are still occurring. I also have a ticket in with BranchTrack for that issue.

    Hope to have some more information or a fix soon.
  • approg
    approg Community Member Posts: 258 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    The "the persistent data was not able to be stored" error is something that has been in Lectora for years. I wrote to Trivantis about a simple fix for this but they never implemented it.

    In trivantis-cookie.js it encodes and stores page name but then it checks the encoded page name with the original unencoded page name which (if the page name included encodeable characters) no long match and so throws the error.

    The fix, which won't break any existing title, is to open trivatis-cookie.js find this code

    if( chkdata.length < newData.length ) {
    bErr = true;
    }

    - in Lectora 17.1.3 it's at line 878 - and change it to

    if (chkdata.length < newData.length) {
    if (chkdata != Decode(newData)) {
    bErr = true;
    }
    }

     

    Also 17.1.3 is out.
  • wschneider
    wschneider Community Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the notice that 17.1.3 is out. I didn't get the normal notification in lectora. I'll try that and then your fix if the new release doesn't help us.

    Thank you!