Radio Buttons and Check boxes in Customize Controls are disabled

maich4316
maich4316 Community Member Posts: 13
Radio Buttons and Check boxes in Customize Controls (under Test & Survey Menu) are disabled. How to enable them? I need to customize the Assessment questions Radio buttons and Check boxes. Thanks.

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,207 ♦ Idol ♦
    I don't know why the buttons would be disabled, they aren't in my install.

You can try and go to "File > Lectora Preferences > Form Elements" and check whether you can customize them from this setting.
  • maich4316
    Hi Tim, Thanks for your reply. I tried through File preferences - though the normal state is fine, but the selected state is not changing.

Actually those controls are enabled if I choose a new file. However, I am working on an existing content which I have to do responsive. And need to change the look-and-feel of the buttons.
  • jasonadal
    jasonadal Community Member Posts: 441 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Do you also have Use Web Accessibility Settings checked? This disables the Customize Controls option. On a side note, it also removes all player skins from the choices, which I've added in the Suggestions forum. I'm not sure why this would also be disabled, though for accessibility, it may be based on 508 contrast guidelines.
  • maich4316
    Thanks a lot Jason. It worked. Great help. Really it is weird. May be something to do with accessibility.
  • jasonadal
    jasonadal Community Member Posts: 441 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Looking at the options, there are several I would never consider including in an accessible title, largely due to contrasting. For example, if you use the modern green selected/unselected, I highly doubt this would pass the contrast ratio that's standard for accessibility.

Also, using an image for a radio rather than the HTML5 default might throw screen readers off, though I'd have to do more extensive testing/publishing to find out for sure.

Note: I misspoke above. The contrast requirements are WCAG, not 508.