SCORM export setting options disabled or not available

cmetzler2560
cmetzler2560 Community Member Posts: 58
Wondering if anyone has had SCORM export setting issues since ONLINE updated a few weeks ago.

Since the update, when I export ONLINE as SCORM, I need the option to export as long ID names. Right now, the option is disabled. Also, I noticed the mp3s that I insert into lesson pages are being noticeably compressed upon SCORM export. I don't have any compression options either. I attached a screen shot.

Thank you- Metz

Comments

• cmetzler2560
    I just checked in IE 11 browser, same options not available.
  • wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 528 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi Christina,

Sounds like you don't want Lectora to convert your page names to short ID-based names.  I can see from the screenshot that option is selected and disabled.  This typically happens if you have two or more pages that have the same name.  You should look through the publish warnings and see if there are any warnings about duplicate page names.

I also see there are a lot of warnings for image size.  That can really affect how quickly your course loads, I would recommend you check the publish option for Optimize published image sizes.  These can also be adjusted in your title by going into the resource manager and clicking the optimize button.

The only time Lectora Online does would alter an MP3 would be when you import it.  If it is already an MP3 then it shouldn't need to do anything to it.  Can you explain a little more about why you think they are being compressed?

Hope this helps...

- Joe

• cmetzler2560
    EDIT #2: I fixed the long-ID name issue. There was a hyphen in the Title name. Thanks for making me think about that!

EDIT: I clicked the Optimize button and exported to SCORM. The zip file size is exactly the same as the non-optimized version.

Joe, thank you for replying. I have 3 AU's included in this module; each title is unique, and pages are numbered incrementally, so no duplicate page names within each AU.

I will try your suggestion to optimize the swfs. But in Resource Manager I don't have the option to optimize swfs. no button.

The swf files on each page have embedded audio, the same mp3 quality as what's included in some lectora pages. When played through Lectora there is no audible difference; When published to Reviewlink there is no audible difference; when published to SCORM I can hear a difference.
  • wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 528 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    Hi Christina,

The optimize option would not optimize swf files and apparently the images are already good sizes, so that option will not be helpful to you.

For the mp3 quality issue it seems to be more related to how the content is delivered. Maybe the hosting for delivering SCORM content has a slower connection or less bandwidth than our servers.  We are not doing any optimization of MP3s when publishing from Lectora Online.

Joe