RCD: Automatic text scaling?

smiller7502
smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
With a responsive title in Lectora 17, text in text blocks is not scaling automatically in the various views. I know how to scale the text manually, but this seems to require selecting every text box in the course and scaling it manually in at least two views and possibly four views. Please tell me I'm missing something?

Comments

• mallow76
    mallow76 Community Member Posts: 123
    I don't think you are missing anything Stan. I find RCD in Lectora to be way more trouble than it is worth. Without A LOT of manual work the result is generally a shambles.
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    Whereas the data a Lectora.awt is based upon, has this option. I managed to create scripts that auto-generate a Responsive ( 4 views ) .awt based upon a PSD that give the user/designer the option to either keep original Lectora scaling or use a custom scaling percentage. The .awt it generates is fine. At the moment working on a preview option for the designer so he sees how it will end up.

A early version i showed on Luc2016. Then it was limited to 1 page. Now my toolset autocreates a complete fully responsive course from a PSD.
  • mnotermans5114
    A bit more info on the preview script im working on.

For several jobs i noticed designers not taking care of proper sizes and not even thinking about the layout of elements on multiple devices. No go for sure, but well it happens. So at some point i decided to add a preview mode to my scripts so i can deliver that to the designers. They can check how their design will look like when created as is for Responsive design in Lectora...and if needed tweak things.

Its all based upon Photoshop CC, where Artboard Layers can be used to develop multiple pages.
    Each artboard will be a separate Lectora page. So how does it work ?

In Photoshop you create ( CC2017 ) the desktop view. Each page is offcourse a separate Artboard. Then the designer can run my script, and choose some options. A list of elements appears with options to set. Keep 100%, use Lectora default scaling and a few others. The Artboard layer gets processed and will show in Photoshop to the designer how it will look in Lectora when done. This the designer can do on each Artboard/Page, thus finetuning his design.

I have still quite some work to do, but its getting there really nice.

• smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    Maths, can you give me an idea of how your scripts change the scaling in the AWT file? The PSD solution won't work for us because we don't have (and won't be getting) fullblown PhotoShop, but I'm sure I could accomplish the AWT changes with VBA instead.
  • mnotermans5114
    Hi Stan, for sure it can work with VBA. At some point started a Excel solution to create an responsive .awt from the data inthere. Lack of time caused me to stop with that. If you want we can teamup and create a VBA-Excel solution for it.

Regards,

Math

PS. If interested, you can contact me at my normal mail [email protected] and we can share progress/ideas in a Dropbox or so...