Not Able to Preview Course

struitt
struitt Community Member Posts: 137 ♪ Opening Act ♪
Anyone ever have a course that would not preview using the Run, Preview, or Browser options?  Run and Preview give me a white screen, while the browsers give me a 404 error (on multiple machines).

It must be the course because other courses, created before/after, preview just fine.

Comments

• timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,214 ♦ Idol ♦
    I have that regularly..., many times because the page contains a media file and is still open for preview in another browser window, so the new preview cannot overwrite the media file.
  • struitt
    Nope...on this one it happens even if we open the file and go straight to Run/Preview/Browser, and there are only text and pictures in the file so far.  We even tried it on another computer and it did this on the first try.

HOWEVER, I opened a brand new file and copied all of the content over and it worked fine.  In Run/Preview/Browser and on multiple machines.

So it's fixed, but it is odd at the same time (and I'm just trying to figure out why it did what it did).
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,214 ♦ Idol ♦
    It has been my impression also that it happens more often, after it has happened for the 1st time. Maybe the folder to that Lectora publishes the preview somehow gets corrupted.
  • struitt
    Interesting...I had the user reinstall Lectora so we shall see.

Thanks Tim!
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Sounds like it might be a cache issue (or JS). If this happens on a browser preview try to reload bypassing your cache.

Out of curiosity, are you using meta tags for anything in these projects?
  • struitt
    Appreciate the suggestion of bypassing the cache (I didn't even know that was a thing!)...I'll have to try it.

There is no meta tags (I'm training a newbie - we haven't got that far yet).  At this point it is a very basic course.