Exit Button and Test Scores

tchickerell3433
tchickerell3433 Community Member Posts: 5
Has anyone else been having trouble with Lectora exit buttons and recording scores in their LMS? When I test my title in Lectora it works fine but when I upload to the LMS (SuccessFactors) it doesn't function the same:
  • My exit buttons no longer work
  • My test questions aren't processing, resulting in a score of 0% even if I answer them all correctly
  • My course is not marking as complete.
Can anyone offer some guidance on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• jasonadal
    jasonadal Community Member Posts: 439 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Hi Traci - There are a few things that may come into play in this scenario, so this might be a good checklist to use to verify things are setup correctly.
    • Is the test part of Assignable Unit (AU)? If not, the course may not correctly report values to the LMS.
    • On the test Result option, is "Include test score in overall score" check marked?
    • Check the button called "Done" on the Last Test Page. When you first create a test, the only action by default is "Process Test". Make sure that somewhere in the course the AICC_Score and AICC_Lesson_Status are set.
    • I recommend using an onShow action at the page level of the page AFTER the last test page. Using a button to set the variables can sometimes be problematic. I've found that setting them as an action on the Exit/Close Course button can be problematic, so I set them as onShow for the page.
    • When publishing to SCORM, is "The published course will report Test/Survey Question Interaction to the LMS" checked?
    Those are some of the things I use as a checklist when publishing my courses. Why the exit/close course button wouldn't work on the LMS may be unrelated, but could also be affected by the order of actions on the button.
  • tchickerell3433
    tchickerell3433 Community Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply, Jason.
    • The test is part of an Assignable Unit
    • "Include test score in overall score" is checked
    • I have included AICC_Lesson_Score, but have never included AICC_Score before.  Do both need to be present and where would AICC_Score go?
    • "The published course will report Test/Survey Question Interaction to the LMS" is checked.
    It all seems very odd as the exit button no longer works to close out the course either.  Any other suggestions?
  • jasonadal
    jasonadal Community Member Posts: 439 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    For the Exit Course button, try deleting and re-adding the action on the button to close the course - When I run into odd behavior on a button, this is what I'll do and that fixes it. No idea why, but hey, it works.

Both the AICC_Lesson_Status and AICC_Score should be set before closing the course. I've attached a quick sample that shows how/when I set those variables. Lectora records the test score as "test_name_score", but does not set the AICC_Score on its own.

Hopefully this helps!