Phantom Note

smiller7502
smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
I have a phantom note in one of my projects. A slide is bold italic in the Title Explorer indicating it has a note, and the Notes Report shows a note on that slide, but there's no note icon. I've zoomed all the way out to make sure it's not hiding off the stage, moved all the objects to make sure it's not hiding under something, can't find it. Obviously it doesn't matter much except that it makes me think there's something I have to follow up on on that slide when there isn't, but: Anybody know a trick for getting rid of it?

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Try opening the .awt file in notepad and search for "note".
  • smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    That did it! (Although it was easier to search for a word I knew was contained in the note, because a path used repeatedly by Lectora contains a folder called "aendnotes".)

Thank you very much! Weirdly, the XML showed that the note was several hundred pixels to the right of and about 100 pixels below the stage -- but I've seen notes off the stage before that appear when I zoom out.

Anyway, it's fixed, and I'm grateful.
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    You're welcome. I've somehow managed that myself.
  • tecocat
    tecocat Community Member Posts: 389 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    @Klaatu - Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I just had the same problem and no amount of zooming out was helping. But I went into the .awt file and found it had put it at an x-position of over 2400!