Can you make an action on one page execute on another page?

waterstradtj
waterstradtj Community Member Posts: 9 ♪ Opening Act ♪
Hi:

I want to display 10 images on page 1 of a chapter. When a learner clicks an image, I want that image to show on the last page of the chapter. Is this possible to do? If so, how would I go about it?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Comments

• smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    Sure, Janet! There may be multiple ways to approach this, but here's what I would to:
    1. Create a variable called something like ChosenImage, with the initial value of 0 (zero).
    2. Add an On Click action to the first image on page 1 to set the ChosenImage variable to 1.
    3. Copy that action to the other images on page 1.
    4. Update each copied action to set the ChosenImage variable to 2 on image 2, 3 on image 3, on up to 10 on image 10.
    5. On the last page of the chapter, add an On Show action to show image 1 if ChosenImage is equal to 1.
    6. Copy that action and paste it nine times so you have 10 On Show actions.
    7. Update each copied action to show image 2 if ChosenImage is equal to 2, image 3 if ChosenImage is equal to 3, etc.
    Good luck! Post back if you run into any trouble.
  • waterstradtj
    waterstradtj Community Member Posts: 9 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Thank you so much! It worked and it was simpler than I thought it would be. Variables can be so intimidating!