Question pages and ReadSpeaker

ajnsson8057
ajnsson8057 Community Member Posts: 6
Hi!

I'm building this Lectora training which includes ReadSpeaker, and I'm having trouble finding out how to make the most out of question pages. I can use an ordinary question page, but for the feedback I need to use two additional pages (one for correct and one for incorrect answer) to make ReadSpeaker behave correctly (instead of just unhiding a feedback on the same page, which would be read by ReadSpeaker along with the question even though it is not visible until I've answered). I first thought I could just copy the original question on to those feedback pages and give them the same variable name (Question_0001) to make sure the user still sees the question and what answer he/she did click, but that seems to mess the functionality up (I'm no longer able to select an answer at all on my main question page). Does anyone have any tips on how I can solve this? That is, to have a question that is read by ReadSpeaker, and then customized layouts (not a Lectora built in popup) for the correct and incorrect feedback which is also read by ReadSpeaker?

I'd also like for the question page to be reset if I go for example one page forward and then back to it, and I only see that I can reset inbetween entire sessions?

Hoping, hoping to get help!

/Anna

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Hi Anna. I do not have ReadSpeaker to test, however I think you provided enough details to build something to try.

If you enable feedback you can choose to have the correct/incorrect responses take the student to a different page instead of the default pop-up. See attached. It will require a different thought process on lesson navigation but I think you'll get the idea from the example. Hope this helps.
  • ajnsson8057
    ajnsson8057 Community Member Posts: 6
    Thank you, Darrel! That's how far I got, the problem is that I'd like for the user to be able to still see the question with the alternatives (and what alternative he/she did tick in) together with the feedback.

/Anna
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Hmm, this might do the trick. Basically, I added an empty text block and depending on the answer, add text with JavaScript (jQuery because it's easy and I'm lazy..).