Moving Groups

nwilliams3743
nwilliams3743 Community Member Posts: 74
Hi all,

I am attempting to simulate a web form consisting of 6 groups (each group has a text q and dropdown option) stacked vertically.

Each drop down selection displays content or another dropdown immediately below it. (i.e. Dropdown 1 has a selection, then a new drop down appears between dropdown 1&2 based on the response)

Obviously there are quite a few show/hide and move actions to take into account here, and I'm pushing the effort in/value outcome question. Especially considering that the content that 'appears' is all different sizes, so no 'move' action will be consistent.

I guess I'm imagining a type of solution where if an object appears, Lectora would know not to overlap the objects, and push the other objects down. If they disappear, Lectora would acknowledge the gap and pull the objects up into the vacant space.

I can do it manually, sure.. but the amount of actions plus getting all the move coordinates right doesn't seem worth it.

Comments

• mallow76
    mallow76 Community Member Posts: 123
    could you not just embed the actual web form? or an adapted training version of it?
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Do you have Inspire?  The ELB Template Library has some reusable/adaptable content that's similar to what you're talking about.