Page extended at bottom

jasonadal
jasonadal Community Member Posts: 441 ♪ Opening Act ♪
I have a single page in one of courses that shows extra white space below the actual content of the page. It's a very simple page with a text block and a graphic. In the course, there are also inherited elements, but I get the same thing when I paste the page into a new title. I can't figure out why this specific page is showing the white space.

I was able to resolve it by copying the elements only to a new page, but think it's still worth looking at to see what might have happened. Sample attached.

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    I'm not seeing extra space, Jason.
  • jasonadal
    Hmm...I wonder if maybe it's a 16/17 version issue? I added the footer I use in courses and positioned it exactly where others are to show what I'm seeing a little better. It also showed up when I did a preview in browser - the first page had a longer scroll than the second page.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Do you have offset from bottom turned on for the footer?
  • jasonadal
    I can confidently say no to that question - This is a graphic that's at the title level, plus it's only happening on the one page. I've attached the copied sample over. If you create a new page and copy everything over, the page is fine.
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,194 ♦ Idol ♦
    Well, the first page is just 100px higher... Check "Inherit page size" ;-)
  • jasonadal
    Interesting - I'm not sure how that would've changed for just that one page - I figured it was something small and had racked my brain trying to figure it out. Either way, if I see that behavior again, I know what to do!
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Sometimes the page size will reset if you try to import something that's larger than page size allowed.  Happens to me every once in a while when I add a question with an image. Maybe your character came in too large?