Contest errors

mascott
mascott Community Member Posts: 9
@jvalley4735:  Hi... I entered the monthly contest for the first time.  (Knitting for the Holidays). I have four questions:
  1. I created status indicators (balls of yarn) appear on the Main Menu, but they all appear at the same time. The status indicators yarn icons should display after you click on each page.
  2. I inserted checkboxes to play with but it doesn't display my simple pop up message to tell about the pattern. That, again, works on my PC, but not when it was uploaded.
  3. If I want to upload another iteration, how do I do that without submitting another contest entry?
  4. Lastly, the bonus button should display after all three menu choices are clicked, but I had the bonus button appear after 5 seconds. That's a work-around.  I imagine a variable of some sort would handle that. Any recommendations?
Thank you so much.  Debra

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Hey Debra! Thanks for submitting an example. I'll take a look at your files to see if I can help with your questions.  In regards to #3 you'll have to post another example because we currently don't have the functionality for users to edit their own posts (I'm hoping to have that achieved next year). You can either send me the updated file and I'll be happy to replace your content or you can post another example and just let me know to delete the first.
  • mascott
    <span style="color: #000000;">@jvalley4735</span>:  Hi:  Many thanks for responding.   Attached is a revision of my Knitting Contest title, but I am not 100% sure this fixed my items.
    1. The status indicators (balls of yarn) should display one at a time.
    2. The choice of knitting projects allow the learner (knitter) to see a simple message about their choice.  (No correct or incorrect answers).
    3. Please remove my previous submission.  I would like only the recent submission to be visible.
    4. If you can help me with #4 that would be great.  The goal is to display a button for the bonus pattern ONLY if all three topics were clicked.  (I tried a work-around whereby the button displays after 3 secs).  I would rather have the bonus button display only if all three topics are clicked.
    Any thoughts for improvement are most appreciated. Many thanks, Jennifer.

Debra
  • mascott
    @jvalley4735:

Hi Jennifer:

Any thoughts re: my Knitting Ideas submission for the contest.  I checked it out (without the revision) and the status indicator works.  So, now I'm left with three items:

(1) To display little messages for each item

(2) To have only the final revision visible on the Contest page

(3) To have the bonus button displayed only after all the menu choices have been selected

Thanks.

Debra
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Everything looks to be in working order!  I switched out your source files on your original post.  If your still seeing the previous version you'll need to clear your cache/cookies to see it.

http://community.trivantis.com/contest/knits-for-the-holidays/
  • mascott
    Hi Jennifer:  Many thanks.  I welcome any comments or suggestions for improvement.  Thanks, again. Debra