course launches strange after upload to LMS

switalba
switalba Community Member Posts: 88
I have tested my course in Reviewlink as well as browsers, but after uploading it to the LMS it doesn't launch properly. All the graphics are gone as well as buttons; I only see the title. See the attached.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    It looks like you need to turn off your pop-up blocker otherwise I've seen something similar happen when you run a browser in compatibility mode.  Does changing either setting help?
  • switalba
    pop-up blocker is accurate but still have the issue. Could this be related to the LMS?
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,175 ☆ Superstar ☆
    It looks like a javascript error. Do you have any custom scripting on the page? Any actions with missing targets? Any buttons with "Go to"-actions which have "Next page" as their target although they shouldn't have?
  • timk
    If it launches alright in other systems, it may be caused by scorm settings or the LMS. The text in your screenshot seems to not come from the first page of your title ("Congratulations..."). Maybe there's something wrong with the attempt controlling of the LMS? Does it happen on the first try or did it work in the beginning?

Which LMS is it?

• switalba
    This and other files worked in the past, but when an old file is renamed and republished it doesn't work. Some of the code that our IT is seeing is "your browser does not allow frames". Could this be the issue?
  • timk
    Not sure, if it could happen by renaming the file. And there's hardly a browser that wouldn't support frames. Do the old files work in the same browser? The only thing I can think of with regard to frames is the title manager frame. In the publishing settings there is a checkbox "Use Title Manager Frame". Maybe it wasn't checked for the older file but is checked now?
  • switalba
    Could this have anything to do with the ver16.2 service pack?
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    What files are you renaming, the .awt? The URL in the PDF is showing the first page of an LMS launched lesson although the content looks like the lesson completed.

Please try the following. Use Chrome and launch the lesson using from the LMS. Right click anywhere in the lesson window and select "Inspect" from the bottom of the popup menu. This will open the developers console with the "Elements" tab selected. Click the "Console" tab on the menu. What does it say? Can you snip it and post?

Darrel

• switalba
    Thank you all for trying to help. Attached are two documents. One that has some code from the browser when it launches. Something is highlighted that we think might be the issue, but not sure and not sure how to fix if it is.

The other file shows the HTML options. Notice how the "Include Title Manager Frame" is checked, but it's greyed out. I cannot change it...does anybody else have this issue.

Any suggestions are welcome and THANK YOU!
  • timk
    The highlighted part of the code is just what the browser is supposed to display if it doesn't support frames, so it's not causing it.

The checked "Use Title Manager frame" is responsible for the course being displayed in a frame. You can see in your screenshot the page contains a <frameset> with two frames, the "titlemgrframe" and the "contentframe". The pages of the course are loaded into the contentframe. That's why the URL is always .../a001index.html.

The screenshots look like you're using Firefox which is definitely capable of handling frames correctly...

Tim
  • switalba
    Thank you all. We worked with Trivantis support and reinstalled the full version of 16.2.2 and that fixed it.  Hope this helps others as a possible solution.

:-)