Not able to set 14px font size in Lectora

ggoel8752
ggoel8752 Community Member Posts: 2
I am not able to create text with 14px size.

Lectora uses pt to set the font size. In Lectora, using the font-size dropdown, selecting 10pt shows 13px size in the browser. Selecting 11pt shows 15px size. None of these settings – neither 10pt nor 11pt shows 14px.

When I try to manually change the font size number in Lectora to 10.5pt it is not retained.  For example, 10.5pt  gets reverted to 10pt. Is there a solution or workaround for this to show 14px font in browser?

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Simple way would be to just avoid it and inform the course designers to not use 14px. More complex way would involve overriding fonts with CSS but it would not be a "WYSIWYG" tool anymore. Generally, I'd expect Lectora to allow us to switch between pt/px in future.
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Text blocks include spans assigned a class such as text47Font1. You could use a cascading style sheet rule that targets all spans that have a class that begins with "text" and assign them a 14px font-size.

span[class^="text"] {
    font-size: 14px!important;
    }

Keep in mind that this will override Lectora's font-size setting for all text blocks. They will all be 14 pixels.

Instead of adding a pixel/point option for fonts, if Lectora output styles using standard external CSS this wouldn't be a blip on the radar and eLearning authors would have the control they want. Also, if you're going to add something, rem's and em's would be better for relative control over font size.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I'll bring this up with the development team :)