Test Conversion in Lectora 16.2

amy022880
amy022880 Community Member Posts: 4
Has anyone had success taking an older course built in earlier versions of Lectora and updating it in Lectora 16.2? The changes to the Test Results page are causing problems and I'm looking for a simple way to make updates without having to rebuild tests.

Comments

• sirwise23
    sirwise23 Community Member Posts: 442 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Yes, I have had this issue. One thing to check on the test results page after you upgrade is the Check mark button. I believe it's named OK. Make sure the action on that button is set to GO TO: NEXT PAGE. It will handle the page you need to go to on it's own based on if you passed or failed the test.

Also, you don't have to rebuild the test if the page is acting funny. Just click on the test chapter and go to the Results Tab on the top menu. From there Un-check the box Show Test Results and then re-check it. This will force it to remove and then add the results page again. this gives it a fresh setup and fixes any issue the page may have. You will still have to hide whatever objects on that page that need hiding and set up what is visible, but it will correct any bugs.
  • amy022880
    Yes. I have done this a couple times. Traditionally our courses had a 'done' button on the last page that would process the test. On pass, it would go to a 'pass' page in a 'Test Results' chapter. On fail, it would go to a 'fail' page in the 'Test Results' chapter.

The problem is, if I turn on Show Test Results, it adds the Test Results page at the end of the Test chapter. In red, it says "Results must be on the final page in a test. No results to display." If I set up a test in a new course, it functions fine and pulls the results once questions are added. But converting an old course doesn't seem to trigger the results, even with the same file/page/button structure.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    The test results should show regardless of what's selected in the Behavior ribbon.  Are you able to share the file with the Support team or on the community for troubleshooting?
  • amy022880
    I have attached a file that illustrates the issue I'm having.
  • amy022880
    Attached is the Lectora file.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I'm downloading it now and will take a look.