browser selection

dsanchez2431
dsanchez2431 Community Member Posts: 4
When i try to view my awt file in a browser (ie9 or chrome) the current page comes up but when I try to go to the next page while in the browser, i get a "408 file not found" error. when i publish, it works though. What must I set in Lectora to view the awt file through a browser?

thanks

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    The Preview Page in Browser (F9) option is a single page publish. Any attempts to view content beyond the initial page will show a 404 page.  You have a couple options.  The first being previewing each page individually to check each page's worth of content. The second is one I do regularly ,which is to publish my content to Web (HTML) then select the index.html to run the course.  This gives you the option to check your course without having to load it into a system.  The third option would be to publish your content to ReviewLink that way you can check the functionality without needing to load it into your LMS.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Can I ask for a feature? Preview chapter / subchapter / 5 pages or smth like this would be great. Right now the two options of "just this page" or "the whole 9 yards" are a bit too extreme.

BTW Captivate has "preview 5 slides" option.
  • jvalley4735
    I'll see if this was already written up as a future improvement and if not I'll be sure to add it :)
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    That happens to me as well, quite often... and I'm not trying to view anything else but the one page ;-)

I couldn't identify a pattern yet, although it seems to occur more often when there's an audio file on the page.

When I look into the folder that Lectora publishes for the preview, there's indeed no html page in it, only an empty "media" folder, which supports the idea that the publish is cancelled somehow while copying the mp3 file. It's no general error, if I publish the whole title the page is always working correctly, if I click "Preview in Browser" 10 times, one of the attempts will be successfull.

Tim
  • jvalley4735
    I wonder if it's browser or operating system related?  Either way, I'll bring it to the developer's attention to see if they can put a finger on it.  Even 1 out of 10 times is annoying enough lol
  • jvalley4735
    Is every instance your checking using the same audio file extension?
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    I'm using Lectora 16.1.2 on Windows 10. All audios are .mp3.  It doesn't seem to be a browser issue, because it happens in all browsers (only preview in browser never after publication). I'm making sure no previous preview is still open, in case this prevents the audio file from being overwritten.