volume control on media controller skin

lamcewen
lamcewen Community Member Posts: 16
Hello,

Does anyone know how to get the volume control to display on the standard controller skins.  I am using the built in "Blue" skin.  Two weeks ago there was a volume control that displayed when hovering over the mute button.  Now there is not.  I am figuring I turned it off in-inadvertently.   But I can not find anything in the documentation as to what I may have done.

Thank you

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I just tested a video with the Blue skin and was able to see the volume bar when publishing.  Could it be because your video file isn't MP4? Can you try converting it if not and seeing if that helps?  When you view the content what browser and/or LMS are you in?
  • lamcewen
    I am using the controller for audio mp3 file.  I have created these files using the same software so don't think this is the issue.
  • lamcewen
    I have tested in both edge and chrome....same results
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I'd submit a ticket to the Support team unless someone else is able to replicate the issue.  You can contact them by selecting the "Submit a support ticket" button on the right hand side of the page or by going here: http://trivantis.com/contact-support
  • lamcewen
    Thank you Jennifer. I will submit.

I have investigated further and determined that the volume control is not working whenever I use a specific LearningBrothers page interaction template called Money Tab.

Kind Regards, Laurel
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    The money tab interaction includes a CSS file in the html extension "Overflow". This CSS prevents the volume slider from being displayed.

Tim
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Tim is correct. Change it to "initial" and your volume slider will show and in a short few tests it did not have detrimental effects on the money tab interaction. It uses it to hide the overflow on div's (its tabs/buttons).
  • lamcewen
    Do you happen to know if I can edit this file, and get both the Money Tab and the volume slider to work? Do you know the function of this html code for the money tab interaction?
  • lamcewen
    So change the name to initial from overflow?
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,176 ☆ Superstar ☆
    Click Edit and change "hidden" to "initial"
  • lamcewen
    Thank you Tim and Darrel. Seems to work fine.