Video not playing once published

atruchan7609
atruchan7609 Community Member Posts: 8
I have added a video to a page on my course but it will not play when published to html.

I have selected the play on launch option in properties but the video will not play or function at all when published.  What am I missing?

Thanks,

April

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    What browser are you publishing to?  Is the video file linked within Lectora or from a streaming service like YouTube? If streaming, could your firewall be blocking content?
  • atruchan7609
    The video file is linked within Lectora.  Please explain what you mean by what browser I am publishing to.  I just publish to html, the file is hosted on my desktop.

April
  • jvalley4735
    When you publish to HTML it requires the content to be viewed online which means a browser is opening (Chrome, IE, FireFox, etc).  Sometimes the browsers can be finicky which is why I asked which one your viewing content in. I'm not seeing any known issues regarding videos.  Do you know if you're running your content in compatibility mode? Are you able to share the files? Or attach a screenshot as to what is happening.
  • atruchan7609
    Oh!  I have tried viewing it with Crome, IE from windows side of MAC as well as firefox.  The course launches fine but when I get to the page with the video nothing happens.

I have even tried uploading to Scorm Cloud but can not view it at all this way.

I will check compatibility mode.
  • atruchan7609
    BTW I am using Lectora 11 as per clients requirements.
  • jvalley4735
    Hmmm Can you share the files either on the community or with the support team for testing?  You can start a support ticket by selecting the "Submit a support ticket" button under the active users on this page and reference them to this thread for more information.