Submit Randomized Test Results

klaatu
klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
I see that you cannot have a process test in a test section set to randomize the questions (pages) when you publish to SCORM. You also cannot process the test from outside the test section. How then do you process the test and submit the results to an LMS?

Comments

• sirwise23
    sirwise23 Community Member Posts: 442 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Does the test itself, on the top level, have random set? When a test is set to random it will process itself when the student answers all the questions that need to be answered.
  • klaatu
    Hmm, that's interesting. I wouldn't have thought to test for that. Thanks. I assume that I'm going to have to manually submit the AICC_Score and Lesson Status or do you know if there is some magic there as well?
  • klaatu
    Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. Currently the test is in a test section in an assignable unit after page 1, set to randomize 10 pages out of 25 (as an experiment). I will set it up any way necessary to get it to work consistently.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    A randomized test does not need a process test button. If there's one in your questions it'll actually halt or extend the test depending on when the question hits in the randomization.  Instead, a behind the scenes action processing the test when the user clicks through the last question (typically triggered by the selection of the next button) in the total number of randomized questions.

Here's some additional resources:

http://trivantis.com/help/Lectora/16/ENG/Lectora_Help/index.html#2897.html

http://community.trivantis.com/knowledge-base/creating-randomized-tests-in-lectora-and-lectora-online/
  • sirwise23
    sirwise23 Community Member Posts: 442 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Good info Jennifer.

As long as you have Grade the test and Include test score in Overall score set, I believe the grade will pass over to AICC_Score on it's own.

If you want stop the course from closing if the user has failed the test you would keep the Grade the test, remove the check box from Include test score in overall score, and make that change manually if the test is passed.
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,207 ♦ Idol ♦
    Hi,

You can randomize the whole test chapter or randomize a test section. What I regularly do is having two sections in a test, the first with all questions and randomized and a second with only one page (not randomized). This page contains the Submit button. It could also contain a question although then of course the last question is always the same.

If you want a submit assessment button on the last page of the randomized section you could test with a button on section level, initially hidden. The variable "PageInSection" or Chapter does work in randomized tests, so you can show it only if PageInChapter/Section = 10. Maybe you'll have to make it run the javascript version of the "Submit Test / Survery" to prevent Lectora from noticing it's a Submit Test action.

The option "Grade test" unchecked should result in having no score at all, neither in "Test_1_Score" nor in "AICC_Score". If you uncheck "Include test score in overall score" you'll have "Test_1_Score" but it's not calculated into "AICC_Score". AICC_Score would normally contain the average of all tests that "Include test score in overall score".

Tim
  • klaatu
    Thank you everyone for the excellent info. It would be nice to have the ability to turn off the 'automatic' stuff. I"m spending too much time testing (no pun intended).