VR Course Contest

Show us your best virtual reality course and win $50 gift card and a winner badge!
CHECK IT OUT

"The Parameter is Incorrect"

alockwood6897
alockwood6897 Community Member Posts: 113 ♪ Opening Act ♪
I'm building a course in Lectora, and was making a couple of adjustments, when I clicked the Run Mode button and got a popup box that reads "The Parameter is incorrect." I can click OK, but it does not load the page. I tried a couple of times with the same result.
I made sure the course was saved, closed it out and restarted the computer, but now when I try to load the AWT, I cannot load the course at all, because of that Parameter error. It gives me a popup box with the error and a blank course.

I have opened a ticket with @support but I'm hoping someone else might have might be able to shed some light on this in the meantime.

Running Lectora v.16 (10296).

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466
    The XML structure of your AWT got borked up for some reason. Some tag received a parameter that is not valid. You should validate the XML against the schema to find the culprit, or manually search and remove elements until you find the one that has a wrong parameter. I have no idea why it does so but I've certainly seen it a couple of times.
  • support
    support Community Member Posts: 96
    Hi Andy,

I reviewed the support case you had with Ed and it looks like it was a bug fixed in one of our service packs. I hope it was resolved for you when you updated.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    @ssneg Borked lol Makes me think of Mork and Mindy.  Nanew nanew :) Such a great show!
  • alockwood6897
    @support - Yes, the service pack took care of the issue. Thanks to you and Ed for such fast support and assistance!
  • alockwood6897
    <span class="handle-sign">@&lt;/span>ssneg Thanks so much for this. I wish I had the confidence (and understanding) to be able to go in and muck around on my own to fix these issues. Something to consider for the future.