trivSetupPage-Error

txlady
txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
Has anyone ever tripped over this error?  (Screen shot attached).  I've submitted to Trivantis support.  I need an answer before 9:00 CST tomorrow.  I upgraded my Lectora today to Version 16.2.1 and the class was developed in an older version.  I suspect it is something that maybe needs to be checked/unchecked to trigger new information.  I've narrowed down the reference to the index.html file and the error is triggered from the Trivantis.js file.  So some communication between the two is not functioning.

The class DOES work outside of the LMS if published to a non-secure location.  I've published several times in the LMS including deleting the class altogether and re-uploading.  Same issue.  I'm wondering if I commented out the routine in the Trivantis.js file if it would work?  Probably not?  Don't know what the function of the routine is.

Comments

  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Are all the pages on the same domain? Also, are you loading any other scripts ahead of trivantis.js?

    ---- from trivantis.js ------

    function trivTop() {
    var win = window, top = win;
    while (win.parent != win)
    {
    try
    {
    // Will throw when the parent window is from a different domain
    if(win.parent.document)
    top = win.parent;
    } catch (e) {}
    win = win.parent;
    }
    return top;
    }

    function trivSetupPage()
    {
    var myTop = trivTop();
    window.myTop = myTop;
    }

    --------------------

     
  • txlady
    txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Thanks for the info!  I'm going to keep this in case I need it again.  For some reason - it started working overnight by itself.  So I'm guessing something was running on the server that caused the error.  I'm checking the server now to see what it was.  I'm so grateful for coders like you.  I know just enough to be dangerous.  I can read it, just not good at creating it.  Thank you again.
  • txlady
    txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Well - I'm back.  Now I'm having an issue with the test.  All pages are on the same domain.  The error is saying this:  Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end user's experience. For more help, check https://xhr.spec.whatwg.org/.  The events trying to sync are:

    index.html

    content.html

    titlemgr.html.

    They all say the same thing - Uncaught ReferenceError: trivSetupPage is not defined.

    I realize Lectora is an HTML generator so it creates the pages needed when published.  Evidently the 3 pages that all work together on loading "aren't defined."  Hmmm . . .

    As to loading other scripts ahead of trivantis.js - I have no idea.  How would I know this part?
  • approg
    approg Community Member Posts: 258 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    I had exactly the same error and support (I think they didn't believe me) were not able to help. When I looked at the Lectora files after I updated to 16.2 some had new dates and some didn't - so to me it looked like the installer failed to update all the files correctly.

    I resolved it by completely uninstalling Lectora and then downloading and installing Lectora 16.2.
  • txlady
    txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I uninstalled my Lectora 15.1.2 and installed 16.2.1 which is what is causing the error.  They are working with me trying to find a resolution.  They changed the way Lectora loads to accommodate SCORM and something else.  I'm in the process of looking at the trivantis.js file from an earlier version and comparing to the current version to see what is different.  If the function of the file is simply loading - it seems like I should be able to use an older version of the file but my coder tells me I might screw something up.  They're honestly trying to help me.  I do love this product and the Trivantis Community.  Lot's of smart people out here.
  • txlady
    txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
    PROBLEM SOLVED!!  My coder was watching the screen as it tried to load and noticed a blip.  At the title level of your project at the very top where you name your title.  I had a hyphen in the name.  When we removed the hypen and re-uploaded - it works like a charm.  My suggestion is no special characters of any kind in the title name.  Yay!
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    That's odd. I use hyphens and underscores quite a bit and have not run into any problems. In any case, I'm glad you have it working.
  • txlady
    txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I agree - very odd indeed.  I've also used underscores in title names before and hyphens.  But something they changed in 16.2.1 doesn't like it I guess.  So I'm going camel case on the title from now on.  If it works - go with it.  Thank you for your interest in this topic and replying.
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Ahh, it seems like 16.2.1 may be problematic in many area's. I'm taking your advice and will stop using everything but standard characters in titles. No sense asking for a problem.