Misaligned objects in IE11

cotterpin
cotterpin Community Member Posts: 24 ♪ Opening Act ♪
Hi there,

I have been working on a project that was started in Lectora 11 and then completed in Lectora 12. Certain users of the module have experienced misalignment of some objects when viewing the module in IE11. Text boxes appear shifted down, and radio buttons for questions are out of alignment with the question text. It does not appear to happen in Firefox (the other browser used in this organisation).

Is this an issue other people have noticed? If so, how did they resolve it?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Stephen

Comments

• smiller7502
    smiller7502 Community Member Posts: 181
    Check the browser's zoom settings. We've had this trouble with one course when the browser in which it is viewed is set to a zoom level other than 100%. (We have not yet found a design solution, only the end-user solution of setting the browser to 100% zoom.)
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I'd also turn on paragraph formatting and see if there are any extra spaces in the your text. Sometimes they can carry formatting which will through your text off.
  • cotterpin
    Thanks, Stan and Jennifer, for your replies. I have checked the zoom setting is at 100%; I will check the formatting of the text boxes and let you know whether that resolves it.

In the meantime I have done a little bit further investigation. Whilst the client runs Internet Explorer 11, for some internal systems including their LMS, it automatically switches on Enterprise mode which effectively makes IE11 behave like an earlier version of Internet Explorer - 8 or even earlier!
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Ahhh yes....Enterprise mode will definitely make the course appear differently!
  • cotterpin
    Just for the sake of completeness I thought I would share with you what was causing the problem. Essentially it was an HTML object containing some JavaScript code to control the positioning of the contents of an iframe that appeared on one page. I was able to resolve the issue by moving the HTML object to the relevant page so that it was not impacting other frames.

This was an issue in Enterprise mode only forcing IE11 to behave like an earlier version of Internet Explorer.

Hope this is helpful in case someone else has a similar issue. The lesson learned is to check any HTML objects, what they do and what pages they might impact.