Carousel Template

switalba
switalba Community Member Posts: 88
I am looking for a carousel template. I tried the elearning brothers Image Carousel template, but when I downloaded it didn't work like it does on the site (i'm using ver 16) and I'm new to javascript. So it could just be user error.

Any ideas or samples you would like to share?

Thanks

Billi

Comments

• mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    Which one you mean exactly?
    This one ?

http://library.elearningbrothers.com/product/186697-Money-Carousel-Lectora-Interaction

If so, this one can be made purely in Lectora.
    If its another one...gladly show how to get it done...
  • nwilliams3743
    nwilliams3743 Community Member Posts: 74
    I too have been trying to figure this out, with great help for Sinchu in another topic.

http://community.trivantis.com/forums/topic/variables-on-one-page-set-up/ 

Just came to the forums and saw your new topic, so commenting to listen in.

Ideally, would prefer to learn how to create it in Lectora instead of using a template on eLearning Brothers

• switalba
    @Math - this is the one that I download. I would love to build one myself, just haven't had time to think it through and make it simple.  Ideas?
  • switalba
    This is close to what I'm looking for, but would like to have 3 images (1 in the middle of the page and the other 2 off the page a little to show the learner there is more).  This image in the middle would stand out compared to the others. I would also like the images to transitions smoothly from left to right; so the right image would become the image in the middle and the image that was to the left would now be in the middle.  Make sense?

Keep the items coming as I would love to build this in Lectora w/out JavaScript if possible.

BTW - anybody know where I can learn more about JavaScript as I'm new to Java, JavaScript, and jQuery? I'm not sure were to start and how it can really help me, but I see a lot of post using one or more of them.
  • klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    But look what you can do fairly easy with JS....

If you are looking to learn JavaScript outside of a classroom check out Quentin Watt's YouTube channel. Another excellent resource is Adam Khoury's Developphp.com.

I strongly suggest that you learn the JavaScript language First. Once you have a good foundation in JavaScript then you can turn your attention to the jQuery library. Do it the other way around and you run the risk of not really understanding the language.

By the way, my site, if I ever get around to finishing the update, will concentrate on using JavaScript (and jQuery) specifically with Lectora.
  • mnotermans5114
    Nice one Dan, except for teaching practice it would be good to include the scripts ;-)
  • klaatu
    If you're referring to my post, the scripts or all in the zip.  I didn't provide a detailed explanation seeing that Switalba seems to prefer a native-only solution. I just wanted to show a possibility. I specifically looked for the simplest carousel plugin I could find at jQuery Rain.

Darrel
  • mnotermans5114
    Are they ? mmm ...weird...missed Jquery and unslider-min.js when i tried to open the awt...
  • nwilliams3743
    nwilliams3743 Community Member Posts: 74
    "fairly easy" has given me an migraine.  Think I'm just gonna have to park this for a while.

Index.html worked, but see the same issues at Math for the .awt.

Read the instruction for Unslider on the website and I'm afraid I'm just not at that level yet.

• klaatu
    Hmmm, they were in the zip file in the folder named "external". I downloaded my upload (huh?) and they are not there.. Not sure how I managed that and I do apologize. Here is the external folder alone.

Nick, take two Excedrin and call me in the morning.  Kidding aside, if you want, I will write out step by step instructions.  It's no problem. It didn't seem like the original poster wanted to go this route so I used my time elsewhere. My intention was to show that you can add a typical carousel you see elsewhere on the Internet.

To me, being able to do things like this without too much trouble (there he goes again with "it's easy") makes the difference between Lectora and other good authoring applications like Storyline 2. Make no mistake, you CAN do this in Storyline 2 and Captivate, however, it's nowhere near as intuitive. Kudos to Trivantis.