AWT upload to Community?

ssneg
ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi, do you think it'd be reasonable to allow attaching AWTs to the posts on the Community?

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Zipped files containing AWT are allowed to be uploaded.  If you encountered an error it's most likely due to the size of the file.  Because most browsers times out after so long, we've found that anything above about 30 KB may not upload. Is your file large?  If not, we can troubleshoot further.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I just seen where you originally shared the file.  All seems to be well.  The file opens for me and the title opened up as well. I believe the error you encountered is due to the way the file was named.  Since there's a .awt.zip the system initally thought the file was a .awt which is not an allowed file type.  All shared materials must be in a zipped folder.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    No, the first time I tried it was just an AWT, which was denied, then I zipped it and uploaded the archive. It just seems that zipping an AWT before upload is an extra step that can be avoided by white-listing AWTs along with ZIP files but maybe there's a security implication I don't know about.