button states

mnotermans5114
mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
I can call the disabled and enabled state of a button in Lectora or from Javascript. However calling an over or out state aint possible. Not a biggie, but however it would be good to be able to call the overstates of other buttons then the current one too from an action.

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    According to W3C specification, hovering is a trusted event. It means that it can only be initiated by user input, not programmatically. I am curious what are you trying to achieve with this though, maybe there are other ways to do the same thing?
  • mnotermans5114
    mnotermans5114 Community Member Posts: 916
    :) Worked around it allready. Case was this... had an element with 2 different parts in it that needed to be animated on a user rollover... user hovers part 1... part1 and part2 should show a different animation. user hovers part 2, same thing happens. Because i wanted it to be simple and reusable for all, no use of javascript, just plain Lectora actions. So i used image buttons...well...part 1 couldnot reach the hover for part2 and vice versa... In the end i skipped the imagebutton and used 1 bigger transparant button that just calls a actiongroup. Works equally good, only my hotspot is bigger..in fact i could use multiple hotspots triggering the same actiongroup i just realise ;-)