Survey Page Not Displaying Correctly

jeff
jeff Community Member Posts: 25
I am creating a Survey and when I publish and view it, the first page inside the Survey won't render properly, causing it to lose all graphics and buttons.

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    It seemed to work okay for me. The only thing I noticed was that the last five questions were missing the labels above the selections (Strongly agree, etc.). Nice work.

Darrel
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    I downloaded the course, previewed it using offline,  and experienced the same issue with the first survey page. I've done some basic checking/edits but I can't seem to pin point the issue.  I'm going to get Support involved to see if they have any suggestions.
  • jvalley4735
    @jeff - What version of Lectora are you running?
  • jeff
    16.0.2. Publisher.

Thanks.

• jeff
    Thank you. Just to be sure, the problem isn't showing up when I run from Lectora - it only shows up once I publish it as a single-file executable and then run that...
  • jvalley4735
    I seen that!  Tested it by publishing to HTML and it seems fine.  It's with the Support team so I'll give you an update when I get one :)
  • timk
    timk Community Member Posts: 1,195 ♦ Idol ♦
    You have set the survey to submit its' results to Google Drive. I suppose that can't be done from .exe. When I uncheck "Custom Results Submission" the survey looks very nicely.

Tim
  • jeff
    I've never had a problem using single file executable and Google drive before, but this is the first time I'm attempting a Survey, rather than a Test.
  • jvalley4735
    Here's the response I got from Support "It appears there is a bug in Lectora 16.0.2 when you attempt to submit a survey via email, Google drive or script for an Offline published course. It is causing a JavaScript error on the page, hence it not displaying correctly. Tests seem to function without issue." He suggested changing the survey to a test with no passing threshold.  The bug has been passed to our development team for further investigation.
  • jeff
    Thanks! I'll change it to a test.

• jeff
    It's doing the same thing as a test. :( The first page within the test won't render appropriately
  • jvalley4735
    Hmmmm....it's working when I switch it over.  Try my files.
  • jeff
    Not sure why it didn't work for me, but thank you so much!
  • jvalley4735
    No problem!
  • jeff
    It seems the problem comes up when I send the answers to the Google Drive. If I remove that function, it works fine.
  • jeff
    It's not working again. It has something to do with having it go to Google Drive. As soon as I set that, it goes back to not displaying the first page properly.
  • jeff
    I also notice that on Google Drive (when I run from Preview Mode - answers flow through to Google Drive) #16 is missing, which I thought only happens with Surveys. It's like there's a cache which remembers this was originally a survey. But when I completely re-built it from scratch as a test, I had the same problem with the first page, just not missing answer 16...

• jvalley4735
    Can you re-upload the files so I can pass them along to Support or open a support ticket and put it to the attention of Ed and in regards to support case #130489? He's been unable to recreate the issue again using the files I provided so I'd like to pass them along without opening it or making edits.
  • jeff
    Sure! Here you go...
  • jvalley4735
    Here's the response from support: "It seems the issue is not specifically related to surveys, as it all revolves around the option to prompt student for name. If that option is selected, then it works. If it is not, then it causes a JavaScript error. " He's updated the development team so they're aware of the new information.
  • jeff
    Good to know. As it's a survey, I'm generally wanting people to be as honest as possible, and providing names is generally not helpful toward that end. I don't have any classes to give this to for a while, so hopefully they'll resolve the issue before I do. Thanks for the follow up Jennifer!
  • support
    support Community Member Posts: 96
    Hi!

This issue was resolved with our latest Lectora release, v16.2.1.