Microsoft Surface Pro 3

wfoster1454
wfoster1454 Community Member Posts: 2
Has anyone ever developed training with Lectora using the Surface or similar tablet?  Any draw backs or issues?

Comments

• ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Do you mean like firing up Lectora and building a course? I don't see why not as long as you use keyboard and mouse. Using on-screen keyboard and touch screen would be inconvenient I think. Also the screen resolution is huge but physical size isn't so you might want a full size secondary display, too.
  • wfoster1454
    wfoster1454 Community Member Posts: 2
    I want to be able to have a tablet for convenience but my company will only allow me to have the tablet or a desktop/laptop and not both.  I would be using a docking station with dual 22" monitors for developing.  It is more of a question with the Surface being able to run the program and all of the graphics required for developing my training.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    You can download a Lectora trial on a flash drive and try it at the nearest Microsoft store :) But generally speaking Surface Pro 3 is head and shoulders above PCs most people use to work in offices, including Lectora development. You might want to spring for 8GM RAM if you plan on having Photoshop open in parallel with e.g. Lectora, MS Word and a couple of browsers (which is a typical setup for elearning developers I guess). And get as much disk space as possible although that is solvable with a portable HDD (which are also cheaper than what MS charges for extra built-in SSD space).