Locking RCD to landscape only?

barneykay
barneykay Community Member Posts: 12
Loving the RCD stuff in Lectora 16 is there a way to lock the course down to landscape only? i.e. make the user turn their device to landscape - it would save redesigning/layout design in portrait.

it would also improve user experience when looking at videos/images

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    There isn't a way (natively) to keep the device from rotating since it's a functionality within the phone or tablet's programming.  Instead we recommend adding an action onto the page that says on device rotation show message and then write the message saying something  like "This content is recommended for X orientation, please rotate your device." You can further drill in the point by not including any content on the rotated page so they're not tempted to watch the video or complete the course without rotating back.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    I'd say include a preface text saying "This course is recommended for landscape viewing" and let adults decide how they want to interact with your course on their phones. I'm sure if your course looks worse in portrait than it does in landscape, people will view it in landscape.