Endnote/Footnote Reference List

jellis8327
jellis8327 Community Member Posts: 4
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone used Lectora to create an endnotes styled reference list?

My organization creates academic courses and currently cites references in our Lectora modules manually, but I'm trying to design an automated solution.

As far as I know, the "Reference List" tool currently in Lectora doesn't support endnotes?

Thanks for your help,

Jerusha Ellis

Multimedia Developer, de Souza Institute

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,310 ♪ Opening Act ♪
    Hey Jerusha! I've enlisted the help of a fellow Trivantis employee since I'm not familiar with the in's and out's of the reference list.  Expect a response from him shortly :)
  • jvalley4735
    With Lectora's Reference object you could place one at the title level and inherit it to all pages. You could place this at the bottom of the page like Word endnotes. Or perhaps use a hyperlink to show it. Set the Scope to "All references on page". As the user goes from page to page the object will update for the current page.

You could then have a unique Reference object on a page in a separate chapter that can be accessed anytime (perhaps by Page-in-popup action). You could set the scope of this to be "All references in title".

Attached is a Lectora Online package which can be opened with Lectora Online or imported into Lectora Publisher/Inspire.
  • jellis8327
    Thanks Jennifer,

I have one more question: Is there a way to auto-generate an endnote numbering system in Lectora? The default Reference List tool uses links instead of numbers.

Thanks for your help,

Jerusha
  • jvalley4735
    Right now there is not.  It's been added as a suggestion for a future product enhancement.
  • jellis8327
    Thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I'll look out for this in future Lectora updates.

-Jerusha