VR Course Contest

Show us your best virtual reality course and win $50 gift card and a winner badge!
CHECK IT OUT

How to Fire an Action when a Move Action Completes

mmackinnon2873
mmackinnon2873 Community Member Posts: 6 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to get Lectora to fire an action or action group when a Move action completes?

For example say I have a text box in Lectora that slides in from off the screen. Is there any way to make a button go from hidden to shown as soon as the text box finishes sliding, and not before. Delaying the actions manually isn’t ideal as different sliding animations have different durations.

I plan on using this to fire JavaScript functions with specific timing if it makes a difference.

Any help on how I could do this or where I could find additional information would be greatly appreciated. I have access to both Lectora 11 and Lectora 12, though the project that this will be used in is being built in Lectora 12.

Comments

• klaatu
    klaatu Community Member Posts: 988
    Sounds like a job for GSAP.
    // Function created to show initially hidden button
    function myFunction(){
    btn.style.visibility = "visible";
    };
    // Variables created for button and box. Make sure you use the HTML Name in your project
    var btn = document.getElementById("button351");
    var box = document.getElementById("shape38");

// GSAP Tween animates box from off screen and when movement is complete fires off function
    TweenMax.to(box, 2, { x:600, onComplete:myFunction });

See attached. The awt is inside zip too.

Hope this helps.

Darrel

• mmackinnon2873
    mmackinnon2873 Community Member Posts: 6 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Thanks Darrel,

I have used GreenSock before and was hoping to stay away from bringing in another external library. I was hoping that there would be a solution native to Lectora, but after talking with Trivantis Support it seems like it's just not something Lectora can do.