Randomization of tests with sections

I have a test that I have broken down into 3 sections. Each section is set to randomize 10 pages from each section and the overall test is 30 pages all together, however it doesn't work. It pulls 30 questions, but more than 10 from a specific section. I thought I could set the randomize at the section level and it would roll up, but that doesn't appear to work.

Any suggestions on how I could accomplish this?

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Do you have it set to 3o random questions at the test level?  The test level will override the section settings so I'd start by removing that if you do.  Are you testing in HTML, Preview or your LMS?  In preview mode the randomized tests don't always work because it's set to look at your computer locally and not hold any variables.  If you can, test it with the output of HTML or SCORM (in your LMS).  If your still having issues, can you provide the file?  It'll be easier for me to help troubleshoot if I can see how the test is set up.
  • I did have the overall test set to 30 as well. Removing that did help. Thanks!! It's now pulling 10 from each section, but is there a  way to randomize these questions for the overall test? Right now it gives me the 10 questions from each section (these are randomized)   but can I randomize the questions overall so it doesn't pull all in a row for each section?

Hopefully I didn't confuse you on that.

Thanks!

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    To my knowledge it's an either/or situation.  You either have to select the test sections or test level but not combine both.