eLBX Online 2021 | June 22 - 24

Join us for a FREE, 3-day virtual conference featuring industry experts and eLearning thought leaders. Learn about critical topics such as eLearning accessibility, learning experience design, course authoring, virtual reality, and gamification. Register today!
CHECK IT OUT

Test Question Issues

brandic
brandic Community Member Posts: 11
I've created a test which has two issues.

Fist, one question isn't working correctly after being published. This question is Multiple Choice, with three option to choose from, only one is the correct answer. The question works in the application's "Run", Preview", and "Preview Page in Browser" modes with no issues. Once published to my LMS (CourseMill) the question will not allow any button to be selected, and therefore the user cannot get past this page of the course.

Second, one other question in the test shows additional text after published that is not there in the application. In development there is the question, with true/false radio buttons for the user to select their answer. Once published to my LMS the question, and both answers have "1." in front of their text. This doesn't show in "Run" or "Preview" but will show in the "Preview Page in Browser" mode. I've attached a screenshot of this issue.

Thanks for any guidance!
Brandi

Comments

• danam
    danam Community Member Posts: 96
    Did you try running it in another browser? Google does not give me fits and starts but IE and FireFox make me want to ... well ... I get angry.
  • brandic
    Thanks for your response Dana. We are only allowed IE as a browser at our organization, so there's no option to try it in another browser.
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Hey Brandi.

Answer 1: I'm not sure what to tell you for the Multiple Choice question.  There's a known issue with Matching that sounds similar to what your experiencing. Did you change question types mid development? It sounds like something is acting against the buttons or not allowing the question to process.  Would it be possible for you to zip your working files and attach them?  I'd be able to dig into the issue a little further that way.
    Answer 2: I've seen this issue before with non English content.  There seems to be special characters in your answer text box that are manifesting in html as a 1 (we use to call them the phantom 1's because they don't show up until you publish).  You'll need to most likely recreate the question and paste the answer unformatted (control+shift+ paste).  If that doesn't work I suggest recreating the question and manually typing the answers in.  Then you can add formatting later.

• brandic
    Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for this suggestions for issue 2. I ended up recreating both questions that were giving me issues. I've republished them and both are working in the LMS now.

Thanks for all the help!
    Brandi
  • jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Yay!