Matching Question Error

dwarman
dwarman Community Member Posts: 46
Hello, running Lectora Inspire 12.1.1 and have an issue with a matching question in a test chapter.  Upon selecting the answers (correct or incorrect), the next button will not advance to the next question.

Looking at the debug file, I see other questions "read" and then "save" the response of the user but the matching question only reads the answer selected, does not save.

Is this a known error and is there a fix?

I've deleted the question and added it back on the page twice, tested in IE11, Firefox, Chrome, ran it in Run/Preview, loaded it to my LMS stage site and no matter what, where or what I do, the question will not allow a student to advance to the next question.

Any help on this one?

Thanks!

Deron

Comments

• jvalley4735
    jvalley4735 Community Member Posts: 1,357
    Hey Deron. This issues isn't currently listed on the known issues list (http://trivantis.com/known-issues). There's a couple things that are coming to mind but it would be easier if you could zip a copy of your files so I could see it for myself.

In the meantime have you checked that there's nothing layered over the next button or there's not an action on the page preventing the next button from moving forward?

Out of curiosity do you have max attempts on?
  • dwarman
    Hi Jennifer...first, thanks for the quick reply!!!

Nothing is layered over the next button and there is not an action on the page preventing the next button from moving forward.  The next button (and back) are inherit from the test chapter so they are not even "on the page".

The other questions (MC, MA, D&D, TF, etc.) all work fine.  I have 2 matching in this test and both have the same behavior; not advancing once you select an answer (right or wrong).

I can upload a .zip file to let you look at it...but in the past we've had issues doing so because of our network (we are on the US Air Force network).  Our firewall won't allow it but, maybe it will now that this community is available.

Where would I upload the .zip file?

Thanks,
    Deron
  • dwarman
    ...max attempts is not on (forgot to add that!).

Deron
  • dwarman
    I'll attempt to load the course here...
  • dwarman
    Well...that worked!  Awesome!

The questions in "question" are on page 5 and 26.

Thanks again,

Deron
  • jvalley4735
    I've downloaded it and I'll take a look :)
  • jvalley4735
    I'm stumped.  I was able to recreate the issue and I too can see that it's not processing.  I tried a couple things and even took a look at the page in HTML output. I was able to find a work around but I'd like to get support involved with this issue.  I'm going to send them a link to this thread and see if they can see something I can't.  In the meantime, if you place a transparent button over the back and next with actions to go backwards and forwards the course will work.  I also placed an action on the next button to process the question as well.
  • dwarman
    Thanks!

Deron
  • dwarman
    Hi Jennifer...reloaded with the transparent button and action (process question) to my LMS and I still cannot advance the course past Q5.

I think I'll rebuild it as this was originally made in 2012 and see if that fixes the issue.  We reuse our tests and haven't had this problem in the past so it's a new issue/problem for us.  Might be a L10 to L11 to L12 thing...?

I'll let you know if any solution is found after rebuilding it.

Deron
  • edt
    edt Community Member Posts: 9
    Hi Deron. Jennifer contacted me in regarding your issue. There is a known issue in v12, in regards to matching questions and go to next page actions, when this action type is placed on items like images and text blocks. However, if you add a button to the page with this action, it should function for you. This is why it worked for Jennifer when she suggested using a transparent button. I have not verified this with the build of v12 you are using, Lectora v12.1.1, as I used the latest version, v12.1.3. If you can, update to this version and see if it resolves your issue when you use a button. If not, let us know.
  • dwarman
    Hi Ed...thanks for the help.

I did add a button to the page as noted above and still have the issue.  I'll get the SME to write another question since this won't function correctly.

I've submitted the paperwork to upgrade to 12.1.3 also but being on the Air Force network it takes time (as you can see I'm already 1 update behind and submitted for the next already as well).

Thanks...I'll see how the updates work for me.  Until then, I'll be sure to take all matching questions out of tests.

Deron