Submitting a form

lisam
lisam Community Member Posts: 17
Hi there,

When I set up a form on a Lectora page, I don't see any way for the user to submit it--i.e., there's no Submit button. The "Submit Form" option is checked, and I've selected "Custom Script." I'm using Publisher v. 11.3.

Any help you can provide will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Lisa

Comments

• lsilver
    lsilver Community Member Posts: 80
    Hi Lisa - You'll need to create a button and set the button to trigger the "Submit Form" action. When the button is selected, it will submit the form using the format you specific in the Form properties.

This way you can use any button you'd like, attach the action to an image, or even change the trigger, for example to a keystroke action.
  • lisam
    Thanks a million for the quick response, Laura! I'll check it out and will let you know if I have additional questions.
  • lisam
    Hi again! The situation is that I have a page with multiple text-entry fields on it. I need all of the text on the page (the user-entered data as well as the static text) to output to a PDF when the Submit button is activated. So, I've placed everything on the page, including the Submit button, into a form, and I configured the form's data submission such that it submits to a custom script. I have the Submit button set to submit the form. When I test, though, nothing happens when I click Submit. Would you have any thoughts about where I might be going wrong? Thanks.
  • lsilver
    Hi Lisa,

If you can post the script you're using here, hopefully one of our more technical users can take a look and provide feedback. Without seeing the title or the script, it's hard to tell where the problem may lie or provide some suggestions. Thanks!
  • lisam
    Thanks so much for the quick response, Laura. I've attached the Lectora file. My programmer says that "the receiving page isn't technically a script--it's just a cfdump of the form variable."

Hope that helps, and thanks again for hanging in there with me! Let me know if I can provide any other info.

Lisa
  • lisam
    Hmm, a fail in trying to attach the .awt file. I'll attach the HTML file.
  • lisam
    Can't upload the HTML file, either! Oops. Is what I passed along, about the cfdump, enough for someone to go on in sorting out what the problem might be? I'm not sure what else would be helpful to provide...
  • lisam
    Got the code we're using to get the info in the form from the Lectora page to a PDF. It's just this, in a .cfm file:

<html>
    <cfoutput>
    <cfdump var="form_1">
    </cfoutput>
    </html>
  • lisam
    Here's a URL!

<span style="color: black; font-family: 'Calibri',sans-serif; font-size: 10.5pt;"><span style="color: #0000ff;">http://courses.humankinetics.com/lcourses/NSCA4EWR/labs_lab1.html</span></span>

Thanks. Sorry about the many posts.
  • lsilver
    Thanks for posting Lisa. I'm not a programmer, but I'm hoping that this information will help some of our advanced users offer some suggestions.

@ssneg - Do you have any thoughts?