Loading GIF (said jif)

towers9815
towers9815 Community Member Posts: 72
I have had look through the support material but I can find how to add a loading GIF to my courses.

I have a ready made gif but can't find how to add to my Lectora course as a loading element.

I want to replace the "Please wait..." text as seen in the a001content.html or content.html file.

Many thanks

Comments

• towers9815
    I have had look through the support material but I can find how to add a loading GIF to my courses.

I have a ready made gif but can't find how to add to my Lectora course as a loading element.

I want to replace the "Please wait..." text as seen in the a001content.html or content.html file.

Perhaps I could create a HTML extension that loads at the start of the course that contains the GIF?

Many thanks
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    You cannot modify the wrapper files through Lectora. If you want to add a loading animation, you have to modify those files directly in a text editor. Open a001content.html, and edit it e.g. like this:
    <font size="5" color="black">
    < img src="loading.gif" / >
    <br>
    <br>
    Loading GE Records and Information Management<br>
    Please Wait ... </font>

P.S. Graphics interchange format --> GIF ;)
  • towers9815
    Thanks for that mate, ( yes GiF no matter how I try I say it wrong.)

Good I idea for the edit. I did consider that. But I dont want to have to hand code published lectora files ! Developers can't be asked to do that! Getting developers to open up a zip post publication is asking for trouble.

Maybe I could write an script in inno that could edit the a001content.html file and add the gif to images folder of zip.

hmmm I gotta think about that one.
  • ssneg
    ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
    Unlike the content.html file, which is generated at publish, most Lectora JS scripts (such as trivantis.js, which is always included into a001content.html and such) are stored in Lectora program folder and are simply copied from there into the published title. So you can edit those files once and they'll always be part of the final output (on that one machine, of course). So you could edit the file to replace "Loading..." with whatever other code, including images (converted to base64).
  • towers9815
    Of course! I modified the default colour pallet the Storyline application local data folder for another problem.

No problems converting the GIF to BASE64 but I dont have access to the Local Appdata as it Lectora Online !
  • wheels
    wheels Community Member, Administrator, Moderator, Rockstar Manager Posts: 526 eLearning ROCKSTAR Admin Team
    If you know you want to overwrite a specific file you should be able to include it as an attachment.

We write out attached files last.  So once you modify the file, include it in your title, that way you don't have to download, unzip, update and re-zip your content every time.  You will need to be aware that in the future that file may change and you would have to update it (since we might change the supporting files).