Register for our next webinar, 5 Keys to Unlock Storytelling in Your eLearning, where you'll learn how to unlock the magic of storytelling in your eLearning development to increase learner engagement and retention! Join Andrew Townsend, our Campaign Marketing Manager, on Thursday, December 3, 2020 at 11:00 AM MDT.

Be The First On Your Block to Rock Lectora® 21!

Apply for exclusive early access to the latest version of Lectora® Desktop v21. Seating is limited so apply now!

In need of help with your eLearning? Feel free to ask a question of the community! You can also visit our Knowledge Base or, if you're in need of immediate assistance, submit a case to our Customer Success team.

Camtasia - video quality goes down when published - help!

delmoredelmore Community Member Posts: 5
I have been embedding video files made in camtasia into Lectora presentations, but have found that once published, the videos lose quality - the images and the text look blurry.

Is there a solution to fix this?

Thanks!

Comments

• taramedeirostaramedeiros Community Member Posts: 35
    I have found that the key to maintain quality in video production is ratio. First, you want to determine if you are going to produce in 16:9 or 4:3 ratio. Here's a list of popular dimensions for each ratio:

Standard, 4:3 - 320x240, 640x480,800x600, 1024x768

Widescreen, 16:9 - 640x360, 800x450, 960x540, 1024x576, 1280x720, 1920x1080

Let's assume that you know the finished video should be 640x360. This is the size you want it in your Lectora title for example. That does not mean you need to record your screen at 640x360, but you do want to record in the same aspect ratio family. Since 640x360 is a 16:9 ratio, you can record your screen at any of the sizes in that ratio.

I've had better success resizing the video once it's in Lectora, but it should scale down nicely and maintain quality.

I hope this helps!
  • ssnegssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466
    Check if compression is enabled in the Publish settings (see pic). Adjust the slider or better yet uncheck the box to make sure Lectora doesn't compress your videos.