Import menu looks weird

ssneg
ssneg Community Member Posts: 1,466 ☆ Roadie ☆
Hi,
here's two screenshots for the import and export menus in Lectora Inspire. The import menu is much more narrow and it is hard to read the options. The export menu looks just fine. Is it a common problem or is something wrong with my virtual machine?

Comments

• support
    support Community Member Posts: 96
    We do have this logged as a bug. Try re-sizing the window.

Can you tell me what the resolution and DPI settings are for your display?
  • ssneg
    Resizing doesn't help, the import options are still squeezed inside a 25% pane.
    The settings are 1230x734 at 100% DPI (as Windows puts it). The weird resolution is because I'm running a virtual machine and I can size it to pretty much anything.
  • support
    I don't have a fix right now, but I have added your information to the bug. Do you have another computer to test with?
  • ssneg
    Nope and it is certainly not a big issue, so nothing urgent. I will keep an eye out and see if I can check on another PC when I have a chance :)
  • agustav
    agustav Community Member Posts: 40
    I just noticed the same thing when I tried to import a Powerpoint into Lectora--my import menu looked exactly as picture above, which makes it impossible to import anything, as I can't get to the Browse button to find my file. Please let us know when this is fixed!
  • support
    @agustav, can you tell me which OS and version of Lectora you are using?
  • agustav
    I'm using Lectora v 12.1.0 and Windows 7.
  • agustav
    Has there been any progress on this issue? I've downloaded the patch for 12.1.2 and still have the same issue with importing from PP. The windows are too small to be usable--I can't get to the browse button to locate the file I need to import. Help!
  • agustav
    Can someone please let me know if there's been any progress toward fixing this issue? Or when I can expect it to be resolved? Being unable to import Powerpoint files is becoming quite an issue, as I have content experts sending their content this way. I'm having to do a lot of copying and pasting--kind of defeats one of the huge benefits of having Lectora. Thanks in advance!
  • support
    It looks like the fix for this is scheduled for the next major release later this year. It didn't make it into any of the service packs this summer.

If your issue is specifically with PowerPoint importing, does the PowerPoint Import from the Tools Ribbon work for you? It's also available on the Getting Started screen.