Bookmark Variable - Causing JavaScript Pop-Up

txlady
txlady Community Member Posts: 101 ☆ Roadie ☆
We have our own LMS and we decided to tackle the bookmark issue. We wrote a bookmark code in ASP.NET that submits the chapter number and page number to the database. We put a variable in the title that works OnShow with each page. It works like a charm. But - it puts a confirmation pop-up box the user must close. We don't want that to happen. We want it to happen in the background. Any ideas?

The pop-up box is a confirmation box saying the information was submitted.

I've solved the issue - sorta. The confirmation box only appears in Chrome and Firefox - so it's a browser issue. In the general instructions of the class - I put a note to the student that when they see a red bookmark (last page of each chapter), they will automatically be bookmarked and may leave the class at that time to return to the same spot later. Rather than bookmark each page, I'm just doing last page of each chapter. I turned a problem into a feature. They can OK the the pop-up if it appears. They think they're doing something - problem solved. If anyone has a better idea, please let me know. Thanks.